Oslo is a small capital, meaning you’ll make your way around the core of the inner-city within an hour or two. We love it – it enables us as tour guides to show our guests the musts in a short amount of time.
If you want to have a check-list of things not to miss in Oslo, here you go:
– Karl Johans Gate: the main street of the city center, stretching from the Central Station up to the Royal Palace.
– Oslo Opera House: the architectural masterpiece that allows you to walk on the roof. We will not forgive you if you miss this gem. True story.
– The City Hall: two towers raising towards the sky, and a clock that plays happy songs.
– Akershus Fortress: the old fortress offers medieval feelings and a tremendous view over the city.
– The Royal Palace & The Royal Palace Park. If you’re lucky, you might fit in the changing of the guards in Oslo too.